Monday, November 3, 2014

-Thankfulness-

Hey y'all! It's finally November! That means thanksgiving is just around the corner. Thanksgiving and Christmas are two of my favorite seasons. The time spent with family, the decorations, the old traditions, and my favorite, the FOOD. (Can I get an amen right there?!)

Well in all the hustle and bustle over what turkey to buy, we forget the whole meaning of thanksgiving: thankfulness. 

We get so busy and stressed about what gravy to choose, or what rolls to make, we forget how blessed we are. 
I could go on and on about Gods blessings! Especially this year. The Lord has just been pouring them down on me even when I didn't realize it! My heart is overflowing with greatfulness it's bound to run over any minute now. 

So in all the mayhem have you taken the time to think how blessed you are? Have you thought to express your thankfulness to the Lord? 

I'm so guilty of this myself. 
I get so blessed and the Lord really works in my life.... But I don't thank him. How crazy is that?
The one who loves me most and cares for me so much, blesses me more than I could EVER deserve, and I forget to thank him... 

This year I am challenging myself to be thankful. To think of things in a different perspective this thansgiving. To express thankfulness. 

Here are five ways we can be thankful. 

1. We can be thankful that God still answers prayer. 
Isaiah 65:23; John 11:41 (KJV) 

2. We can be thankful for Gods provisions. 
1Thessalonians 5:17-18; 1 Timothy 4:4-5 (KJV) 

3. We can be thankful for Gods blessings. 
1 Coronicles 16:34; Philippians 4:6 (KJV)

4. We can be thankful for Gods character and wonderous works. 
Psalms 7:17;  2 Corinthians 9:15; Revelation 11:17 (KJV) 

5. We can be thankful for our brothers and sisters in Christ. 
1 Corinthians 1:4; Ephesians 1:16; Philippians 1:3-5 (KJV)       

God Bless y'all! 

        {Miera Noel}




No comments:

Post a Comment