Friday, November 14, 2014

*Lessons from a Pencil Box*


We are like Pencils! Strange, I know, but we are!! I'd like to point out just a few ways that we can relate to a pencil! 

1. Everything we do leaves a mark.
If I take a piece of paper and a pencil, and I run the lead on the paper, what will it do? It will leave a mark. Just as everything we do leaves a mark.
What kind of mark are we leaving? 
When we speak kind words, treat people good, etc...we leave a good mark!
Likewise, if we speak bad/mean words, treat people bad, etc...we leave a bad mark! 
No matter what we do, it will leave a mark. It's up to you what kind of mark you will leave. 

2. We all must experience painful sharpenings. 
If a pencil wasn't sharpened, would it do me any good? No, it must be sharpened no matter how bad it "hurts". It's the same with us! When I was a kid, I didn't necessarily like getting in trouble. (Who does?!) but now I realize that that is what helps me grow and be a better person. 

3. To be the very best pencil we can be, we must be guided by the hand that holds us. 
If I set my pencil down on the table, will it do anything on it's own? Will it go write a paper for me? No! My hand must be holding and guiding it. Just as God guides us!! Psalms 48:14, I love this verse!! It says God will be our guide even unto death! He guides us in different ways...
  A: In our daily walk with Him
  B: Through trials and hard times 
  C: For our Future 

4. What is inside? If the lead was not in the pencil, would it do us any good? No, of course not. We have to have the lead. There are things we need in us as well. 
 A: Christ
 B: Love
 C: Joy
 D: Kindness
  and many more!!! {Galatians 5:22-23}

Hope this was a blessing!! God bless!! :) 

    {Elizabeth} 

No comments:

Post a Comment